Hey what’s up guys, today we going to talk about what did will smith say about spending money
While browsing on my computer last night looking for the next big money savings breakthrough to share with readers I stumbled across this..
Wow! There is so much wisdom in that one quote that I just had to share with those of you who love to save money. Now as great as the quote is, it does not give you any actionable takeaways or behavior changes so that you can make sure you stick to his advice.
I think there are 5 basic points that we can take away from this.
- Stop spending too much money. Figure out exactly how much money you spent last month. No matter how high or how low that number is, there IS a way you can find to spend less to save more.
- Never spend money you haven’t yet earned. This is a great rule of thumb to follow, but with today’s credit cards and 0 money down ads it seems we have forgotten this. It’s pretty simple, never use the credit if you don’t have the cash to pay it off in case of emergency.
- Don’t buy something you won’t want a month from now. Is this thing your buying a NEED or a want? Food and water are great examples of a need. For more tips on how to save money on water click here. Home decor for a holiday or tickets to a concert are good examples of a wants. Tip: If it’s blurry as to whether or not it’s a want/need, put it in the want category.
4. Never buy something to impress someone else. At the end of the day no one really cares what kind of car you drive, sunglasses you wear, or brand of shoes you have on your feet. If they do, they are not truly your friends because they are only caring about you conditionally.
- When you make someone else’s opinion of you more important than your opinion of yourself what you are really saying is what you think of me matters more than what I think of me. This one sort of ties in with point #4. You must never give someone control over what you think about yourself or you will have a life filled with over spending, over eating, over consuming and always trying to keep up with the Joneses.
Did you notice a shift inside of you after reading these tips? Remember the premise of these ideas are coming from Will Smith! Someone who already has more than enough money to buy all the things life has to buy.
How did he get there? By never spending money he didn’t earn and never trying to impress anyone else!
Hope you found this advice useful in your own life. Until next time good luck on the path to financial freedom and keep finding ways to save your money!